Chevy Silverado and Texans have had an ongoing love affair and that’s not expected to change anytime soon. As a matter of fact, about 1/6 of all truck sales is made in the Great State of Texas and to honor them, General Motors has created a 2014 Chevy Silverado Texas Edition – that you can only get – in Texas. Other states will have a custom sport package that is similar, but the only way you’ll get a Texas Edition is if you head on down to Texas and buy one there. The price for this edition or the Custom Sport will be an additional $2,165 for an LT model and $1,895 for LTZ models, but from the sounds of it, that will be money well spent.
Maria Rohrer, Silverado marketing director, said, “The Silverado Texas Edition recognizes the fact that one out of every six full-size pickups are sold in Texas. It combines features that add real value for Silverado customers with unique badging that honors the connection between Texans and their trucks.”
So what do Texans get that no one else will be able to get with the 2014 Chevy Silverado Texas Edition that no one else will? For starters, they can get the Texas Edition features on either the Silverado LT or LTZ. The LT includes 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, a trailering package, locking rear differential, body-color outside mirror caps and door handles, and Texas Edition badges. The LTZ adds chrome door handles and mirror caps and a Bose premium audio system.
All 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 models and the Texas Editions Get:
- All-new EcoTec3 engines that offers 285 horsepower (212 kW) V-6 on the LT and 355 horsepower (250 kW) V-8 on the LTZ
- A stronger, quieter, more luxurious cab
- An upgraded interior with features and connectivity tailored to the needs of truck customers
- Connectivity via Chevrolet MyLink
- Revised steering, suspension and brakes for improved ride and handling
- I-ngenious solutions for managing cargo in the bed