Eight inches has been added to the new Fiat 500L Living hatchback to allow for an addition row of seating that will create space for seven passengers. Along with that, there is 22.5 cubic feet of luggage capacity with some of the seating folded down, otherwise, you can expect about 46.2 cubic feet of space.
According to the Press Release the Fiat 500L Living Has:
- The wider ‘living space’ of its segment: 5 + 2 seats in only 4 meters and 35 centimeters.
- Is the only car in the segment with a load capacity of 638 liters.
- Is the first car for the whole family: the unique Fiat 500 design combined with the best interior space/external dimensions ratio.
- Is an agile and compact as a mid-size car, comfortable and capable as a Station Wagon, roomy and functional as an MPW (Magic Purpose Wagon).
- European sales of the 500L Living will commence this summer, but there is no mention as to if or when this seven-passenger Fiat could be offered in the US, to compete against the likes of the Mazda5, Ford Transit Connect Wagon and Nissan NV200. Scroll down for the more information on this new Fiat model.
If the Fiat 550L Living comes to America or not yet has not been mentioned. If it does it will be in some heavy competition with the Mazda5, Ford Transit Connect Wagon and Nissan NV200. For Europe, this new hatchback will be on sale later this summer.
The Fiat 500L will have a choice of two engines, one is a 1.4 liter 16v which gives 95 horsepower and the other is a 0.9 TwinAir Turbo that gives 105 horsepower. There are also two turbodiesels that will be available, a 1.6 liter MultiJet II that gives 105 horsepower and a 1.3 liter MultiJet II that gives 85 horsepower. We imagine that low power wouldn’t do as well here in America, so if there is a version scheduled for the states, there may be different engines offered.